My CHOICE Campsite

My CHOICE Campsite
Where it all got started!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Comfort Inn, German Village in Columbus, Ohio

Understated elegance, quiet comfort, and reasonable rates. What more could an urban camper ask for? Breakfast, of course. If you're at a Choice Hotel, breakfast is part of the package. But there's something special about this Comfort Inn.

Maybe it's because this Comfort Inn is in my favorite neighborhood in the city. The quaint brick houses provide a fitting setting for the older hotel that has four floors and an elevator, thank God! The hotel is also close to the Greyhound bus station so I can go home to Toledo from my Choicecampsite.

My favorite thing about the suite that included an alcove for a mini-fridge, microwave, and a coffee pot with a shelf for food and paper goods on the opposite wall was the muted hues of the decor. The soft, warm colors made relaxing on the spacious king size bed easy.

The piece de resistance was the draped shower curtain in the bathroom. That and the other amenities provided made my suite the perfect setting for a Valentine's Day rendezvous with my sweetie. He enjoyed it as much as I did. And I enjoyed it a lot!

1 comment:

  1. Just had my stay here! Spent two nights there last month again, but only one night this time because I had to come back to make it to my Monday morning class. Same great ambience, customer service, and sour dough bread toast! They also had blackberry yogurt!

    ReplyDelete