My CHOICE Campsite

My CHOICE Campsite
Where it all got started!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

RELAXCATION at my favorite CHOICE campsite!

It's been a great weekend here at the Comfort Inn on Secor Road in Toledo, Ohio. Last night I relaxed watching Bill Maher's "Real Time" on HBO, then went to sleep in the newly decorated room that is often my room when I come here. Before retiring to watch cable and go to sleep, I informed the members of "Urban Campers on Tagged" that I'm urban camping this weekend to rest up before starting a five-day work week Monday for the first time in two years. Sure, they're only half-days, but the point is there are five of them!

This morning, I woke up early as usual. Watched television until seven, the took a quick shower and went to the breakfast buffet to make my waffle! I love that waffle machine. I can honestly say that I do more "cooking" while urban camping that I do any other time. Wonder if that waffle iron could make 'smores? Of course, I had coffee, and sausage (extracted from sausage biscuits) with my waffle. I also brought back a boiled egg, an apple, a banana, a roll, and some Frosted Mini-Wheats to my room for lunch and snacks later. But before I left the lobby, I talked to the hotel staff, all of whom know me well, "people watched" (and was also the object of a "people watch" of a shy lone man whom I swear I've seen on Tagged!), and just listened to CNN's quack doctor talking about some subjects even I had to admit were rather interesting - what sane man would turn down a cabinet post just because he makes more money being a "network" medical expert?

Back in the room, I went back to sleep for a few hours, then woke up, watched TV and checked my email and Tagged messages. One message inspired me to meditate. So, at 2:00, I went into deep meditation, plotting my next "self-help" book on spiritual ascendance. The next thing I knew, it was 5pm! So, I ordered my favorite steak burger from the Ramada next door and ate it while working on the computer. I'm finishing up my computer time now, so I can settle down to some more relaxing time with the television before retiring for the night. This is my idea of relaxing. In the morning, I'll wake up early, take a long, hot bath, have breakfast, then come back and pack up to go home. Monday morning, I'll be at work bright and early AND refreshed and rejuvenated!

No comments:

Post a Comment