My CHOICE Campsite

My CHOICE Campsite
Where it all got started!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Why I won't be blogging from Hometown Inn in Flint, Michigan

I thought it was a good idea. I saw the expertly laid out profile page promoting Hometown Inn in Flint, Michigan, on Tagged and, since I've had absolutely no response from ANY Choice Hotel to blog from any of their hotels, I decided to offer the owner, manager, or representative of Hometown Inn in Flint that opportunity. I sent several messages and thought perhaps I was making some headway when whomever joined Tagged to promote Hometown Inn in Flint joined my group, "Urban Campers on Tagged."

Then I got a message from the creator of that beautiful promotional profile asking me for over $6,000 to pay off his credit card debt. See, Tagged is a dating site and the underlying message in that request was, "I'd never date YOU and the only thing you can do for ME is give me money!" Had I approached this person as if interested in him as a love interest or even flirted with him, I'd understand the rebuff. But mine was merely a networking move trying to connect with someone to propose a mutually beneficially arrangement: invite me to your hotel for a weekend and I'll promote you in my blog.

Now, I wouldn't stay at Hometown Inn in Flint (or anywhere else, for that matter) unless someone paid me quite a hefty sum there. As I recently conveyed to the creator of the Tagged profile, if that's how he treats people on a site where he's trying to promote his hotel, I can only imagine how he treats CUSTOMERS he finds less than appealing! Besides, when I called the hotel to try to contact him directly when I got no replies to my initial messages, whoever answered the phone was so unprofessional, I thought I'd dialed the wrong number.

MY RECOMMENDATION: Avoid this hotel like the plague! So far, the only thing I've been impressed with from Hometown Inn in Flint is its profile page on Tagged.

No comments:

Post a Comment